Thursday, January 20, 2011

A roller coaster week.

Well, maybe I'm not going to be so good at this. I can't believe it's been so long since I've posted, but that's okay...I'll just do what I can.

This week has been a complete roller coaster. Last Saturday was not a great day for me. First off, we found that the insulation in our ceiling is wet and mold is starting to grow. I was really, really worried, naturally, but tried to just bring it to the Lord. On top of that, we were reading through some paperwork for our adoption and one of the bullet points stated that they will cancel your adoption if you get pregnant. This was different than what Children of the Promise had said, so I was really, really heart broken, since we hope to get pregnant soon, but want to adopt at the same time.

On Wednesday we had our insulation dudes come out to look at our ceiling. My biggest fear was that they were going to look at it and say it was just fine, not wanting to own up to the problem. We knew it wasn't a roof leak, that it was just bad condensation with a bad system, but weren't sure that they would want to take care of it. Well...they were pretty horrified by how damp it was and when we took down some of the baffling, saw that there was a lot more mold than we were thinking. Ugghh... well, today they are working at taking it all down and although it's a big mess, I'm just thankful to have it taken out. Now we just need to figure out what we will do next. I'm not feeling very confident in doing a similar system again. I don't want to have to do this again in the future.

As far as the adoption goes, I talked with our coordinator yesterday and she said she was okay with us working toward getting pregnant and that they wouldn't cancel the adoption even if we were successful. This too was awesome news! I've been on cloud nine ever since!!! We still have a lot of paperwork to do, but we are getting closer. It's been funny, cause as we've gone down this road of infertility and miscarriages, I've had many, many dreams about having children. Though I wasn't laughing in the dream, it's kinda funny, cause my dreams almost always had to do with me forgetting to feed and/or diaper my baby. Like I'd get to the end of the day and realize I was a mom and hadn't breastfed my baby all day. It was awful! Well, my dreams almost always had a little girl with blond curly hair. Recently, though they've changed to having a little dark skinned boy. Needless to say, I was pretty sad when I thought we might have to delay our adoption stuff. I can't wait to get to hold the little boy in my dreams! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment