Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Loved

This morning I woke up feeling different, somehow. Renewed. Like a daughter of Christ. Our pastor on Sunday talked about hiding behind the shadow of the Cross and finding our holiness in Christ rather than in my always growing "list" of do's and don'ts that should make me more Christ-like and therefore, holy. This has been on my mind the last couple of days. This morning I woke up just feeling loved. Completely loved for who I am. Like I don't need to try and be someone else, I can be completely comfortable in my skin, zits and all (both literally and figuratively) because God loves me! I can hide behind the cross and do what I do because I love my God, not because I'm trying to attain holiness. I can look to him, who loves me despite what he sees inside me, and just be myself with confidence, because he made me unique for a purpose. I want to be a tool in his hand used for his purpose, but a screw driver doesn't make a very good shovel. I think as I become a student of his and come to know the God who loves me so much, I learn so much more about myself as well and will have a better understanding of that which God has called me for. I will know what to say yes to and what to say no to and will live a much more effective life, to the glory of God. It's a good feeling to be loved. And not just by someone who sees the outside, but someone who knows all the dirt and garbage and still loves me. Thank you , Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment