Sunday, March 27, 2011

Our son - Wedly


We know who our son will be! I am completely thrilled and had to post what I remember about the last couple of weeks. Here is how our story goes: A few weeks ago we received a few profiles on little boys who could be our son. Two little boys really stood out, and we felt drawn to one in particular, named Wedly. Based on the profile, Wedly is a very sweet little boy who smiles a lot, loves to share with his friends, loves to play with balls, and also loves music. Those are just a few of the things stated on the profile, but basically the jist is that he sounds like a very sweet little boy. He turned two on March 17 and on March 18 we FINALLY got to talk with our adoption coordinator and confirm that Wedly is who we wanted to adopt...She told us that Wedly for sure would become our son and we could announce it to the world! March 18, 2011 will go down as one of the best days of my life. We were working at our house, had a couple of meetings through the day, and my eyes kept filling with tears as I thought about the new addition to our family. Then things just got better as we headed to my parents house to celebrate mine and my sister's birthday. It was there that we did our first annoucement. I had framed a picture of Wedly for my sister and wrapped it up. She opened it, turned it over and yells "is this him? Is this him???" While my mom is saying "what, is that him? Who is it?". It was sort of chaotic and totally wonderful as we all (minus Ben and Sam) were crying. Ben, probably very confused, looks at the picture and says "He's a cute little guy..." It was really funny. Just an absolute joyous occassion and one that I will never forget. It's been fun and overwhelming to share our news with everyone. Though I am not one for drawing attention to myself, this is the path that God has laid out for us, and by His grace, Wedly is our son and I'm so proud of that! Everyone is so happy for us. I'm so ready to bring him home, though I definitely want to be in our house first. :) God, bring our son home to us soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment