Monday, February 13, 2012

Big Life update

Sheesh...I guess I forgot about this blog. So much has happened in life since I last posted. BIG things! We've moved into our house (YIPEE!!) and most importantly are expecting our second little boy! I should just tell the story. Back in September, we were wrapping up some last minute details on the house and getting ready to head to Haiti to meet our son, Wedley, when I noticed that I was feeling a little strange. The main thing I noticed was that I was literally having to run to the restroom at least every hour (I'm the girl who, if it's busy enough, can go an entire 12 hour shift at work without going to the bathroom. I know...bad girl!). Hmm...I thought something is up and it doesn't feel like an infection. Well, i've taken pregnancy tests before and only ended up disappointed, but shoot, I decided to run to the dollar store anyway. So, the next morning, before jumping in the shower out at our property, I took the test. Left the room for a few minutes and came back to see one dark pink stripe and a much lighter, but still present, second pink stripe. "What? You've got to be KIDING me!" I said to myself over and over again. I laughed and cried and praised the Lord. And because I wondered if you could really trust a pregnancy test that costs $1, I ran to the store and bought a digital, fool-proof one and tried again. Sure enough it said the glorious word "pregnant." I couldn't believe it. Just absolutely couldn't believe. So, that evening (not sure what exactly we had going that night, just that we were doing something and didn't really have a chance to ourselves until we fell into bed that evening), I pulled out the pregnancy test and handed it to Danno. It was really dark in the room and he had absolutely no clue what it was. I finally had to go turn on a brighter light so that he could have a good look at it. I think he said something like "What??? Really???" And of course we hugged and kissed and stared at each other in disbelief...and then said over and over again, let's not get our hopes up. And of course, we had to keep that in mind for months and months. We still do. But there was a glimmer of hope that maybe, just maybe, this time it would stick. It's funny, though...since I've experienced a few losses, I was pretty careful not to get too incredibly attached at first. I know it sounds awful, but I just couldn't let my heart go there. I only told a few people, we didn't take any pictures for a long time, and I really didn't do any journaling about it. It's just taken a long time to come to the point where I can let myself dream that this baby might someday smile at me, call me mommy, and that I might come to know his personality. And now here we are in February and I'm 6 months pregnant. It's been amazing and scary at times (I'll try to post more on some of the details in another post). Mostly, we are just in awe of what God has done and is doing in our lives. We yearn for the day when we can hold both of our boys in our arms and under our roof.

No comments:

Post a Comment