Saturday, September 22, 2012

Gabriel - 4 months

Today this little guy turned 4 months old.



Here's what going on with him.
-He is 15.6 pounds and 26 inches long.
-He continues to love to eat and is a very social eater, which slows the process down considerably, but I love it. He loves to smile at me and gets distracted very easily.
-Sleeping could be better for him, but we are working on it! Since labor day weekend, he has tended to sleep for 3 hours, then 2 hours, then wakes up every hour for the rest of the night. So usually he's asleep around 9, up at 12, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7. I can't believe I'm not more tired than I am considering. I have the book "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" and had started reading it back when he was first born, but the book basically said that until the baby is 3-4 months old, he'll pretty much sleep when he needs to sleep. So I put it down in favor of reading some adoption books. This past week I picked it back up and have been learning a lot. I'm not so much concerned for myself (thankfully I've been doing great despite all the interrupted sleep!), but I am wanting him to be getting the sleep he needs. The book states that one thing that can help a baby sleep better through the night is by making sure they sleep enough during the day. So, that's been our first plan of action. He's been doing pretty well with that. Because I've been having him sleep so much more during the day, I'm trying to be a lot more intentional when he is awake to spend good quality time with him. The advantage to him sleeping so much is that I have a lot more one-on-one time with Wedly.
-He has found his feet and loves to pull on them. They haven't made it into his mouth yet, but I'm sure it's just a matter of time. In general he's gotten much better with his hands. When I read, he is always trying to grab at the book
-He also loves to stand and has pretty strong legs.
-We always know when he's starting to get upset because he starts to cough. He has done this since he was a day old.
-We recently put up a Johnny Jump Up and he seems to enjoy it. He is pretty cute running around in circles. I'll have to post a video of it sometime. He also enjoys our stroller rides down the road.


-He definitely does not like to be left alone. Of course he loves being held, but on occasion does okay being laid down, so long as I am within his field of vision. If I walk away, it's not long before he's crying.
-He almost always wakes up happy. In the morning I'll hear him start to kick and will look over at him and am almost always rewarded with a big grin. Melts my heart every time and it makes waking up a joy.
-He is super vocal at times, but he has to be in just the right mood for it. Sometimes he'll talk tons, then he'll go a few days without "talking" at all. I love it when he does. You can just see him working so hard to get the different sounds out.
-He is starting to get a little bit ticklish on the ribs
-I've just pulled out some 6 month sized clothes, though he's got pretty short legs. Just today he wore some 0-3 month jeans.
-He likes to suck on his thumb.

That's all I can think of for now. He sure does bring a lot of joy into our lives. We love you Gabriel and are so grateful God gave us you!




Can you guess what I'm doing here, ha ha!


I had originally placed him in tummy-time on the little boppy, but he somehow he managed to make his way out of it and squirmed his way quite a distance. Sure look uncomfortable.


Reading with gramma.

No comments:

Post a Comment