Sunday, September 9, 2012

Labor Day Weekend with the church


Every year since I was 5 years old, I've headed out to Fort Canby (now Cape Disappointment) to camp with our church. It is one of my favorite weekends of the whole year - I love the time spent with our friends from church. We were a little unsure how this year would go, since it would be our first time spending the night away from home with our boys, but it went GREAT! I was particularly concerned with how Wedly would do, but he is a pretty easy-going little guy and really seems to do well with whatever so long as Dan or I are there, so we decided to go ahead and give it a try, knowing we could bail early if needed. I think his favorite part of the weekend was riding his tricycle. He put some miles on that little bike and the enjoyment wasn't his alone...I think all our friends got a lot of amusement watching him pedal like mad in an effort to keep up with some of the other kids. It was pretty cute.




His first time in the Pacific Ocean...he got his feet wet, but wasn't interested in getting any further in. He much preferred playing in the sand.




And we got to celebrate Shaylee's birthday while there, which was fun!
 

 

Aliyah and Gabe!
 
This year I wasn't able to join in on the fun out in the ocean, but it was still fun watching everyone else. This is the second year in a row of awesome weather (Thank you God!) and last year we also were able to boogie board every day. I was a little sad to miss out, but was glad Dan was able to join in for one of the days of fun.



Wedly playing with a few of his new friends!


 
 



 
I am already looking forward to next year!
 

2 comments:

  1. Looks like fun, especially the sunshine. :) Glad the boys did good and enjoyed it. How was the yurt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice, though certainly not necessary considering the beautiful weather! I'd like to go again this winter!

    ReplyDelete