Saturday, December 15, 2012

Beach Trip

Life is pretty busy around here. I love the holiday season, but it always seems to just slip on by in the doing of things. It can be a difficult time of year to sit back, reflect, and enjoy the little things. What I love best about this time of year is the focus on family. Which reminds me...I wanted to do a quick blog about our trip to the beach. It was so much fun for all of us. In fact, we extended the trip by a day and for several days after getting back home, Wedly would ask "beach tomorrow?" It was a spur of the moment decision. I can't believe that we made it out of the house with pretty much everything we needed. We found the house at the website for VRBO and I immediately began to cook up some meals, so we could cut costs by not eating out at all. The beach house is perched on a hill with the MOST beautiful view. And the best part? Cell service is scarce and you have to pay extra for internet service and since I have a very frugal husband, we declined. So there we were for 3 nights, 3 days...our little family with no distractions. No e-mails to type, no to-do list calling our names. Did I say it was wonderful? I have this feeling that we will make spur-of-the-moment trips to this particular house as often as we can.
 
 

 
Tillamook Air Museum


the view from the house

Wedly and I playing in the ocean. Fun but oh-so-cold.





Roger and Kathy joined us for a night, which was super fun.


One of my nicknames in high school was Rudolph. Apparently my son takes after me. Poor kid!

Breakfast...

...and lots of relaxing

Pinochle - Kathy and I creamed the guys!





 
Heading out for a hike - It was beautiful!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I totally get a pink nose too. Still! It is so irritating. And my chin turns bright pink too from the cold. Haha!

    ReplyDelete