Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Gabriel 7 month

It's been such a busy past month or so that I've become very behind in posts. Hopefully I can get a bit caught up, but if not, oh well...
Here's what's going on in Gabe's world -
-At 7 months he weighed in at 19.3 pounds, 28 3/4 inches.
-He's mastered sitting up
-He started clapping during the middle of his 6th month (so cute!)
-He still doesn't have any teeth, which is wonderful! I can let him chew all he wants on our dining room chairs and his little toothless grin is just so adorable, I'm in no hurry to see it go.

-He's moving around a little, mostly in reverse, though sometimes he gets a little forward motion. I think he'd be more willing to try, but we are mostly on our hardwood floors, which makes him not want to get up on his knees. When he is with me up on our bed, or upstairs where it is carpeted, he is much more willing to try to move.
-His favorite things include his Johnny jump-up (still! - he looks like a little athlete in that thing), his exersaucer, and me :), which I mostly love, though it can get frustrating at times, since sometimes all I have to do is step out of his vision and he starts to cry!
-We started solids at just around the 7 month mark. He loves sweet potatoes, peas, apples, is indifferent to rice cereal, and is not a fan of pears. I need to post a video soon of his first feed. He loves to help with the feedings and typically uses his left hand to grab on to the spoon. We shall see if he continues to favor the left side. Usually when he picks up toys, it's with his right hand.
-He has had his first sickness...on Christmas day (hopefully more on that in another post)! He was throwing up, was super lethargic and extremely pale. It was a pretty pitiful sight, but with family around, he had lots of loves and was always in somebody's arms being loved on.
-One of my favorite things to do with Gabe is hold a little conversation with him. He says something like "Eeeh," which I repeat back. He then smiles at me and says "Ohhh," which I repeat back. Back and forth it goes. It always brings big smiles from him.
-Everything goes into his mouth. This makes me a little nervous for when he is moving around more efficiently. I think I have things fairly baby-proofed, but I'm sure there are things I don't realize will be a problem. Also, having a 3 year old around probably won't help my effort to keep small things out of his reach.
-We are going through a transition with his sleep. Recently he has been falling asleep by 10 and is up between 8 and 9 am. In the past he has taken a morning nap (usually 1 hour long), but with him waking so late, he doesn't usually go down for a nap until about 11 am, which then pushes back his afternoon nap as well (usually between 1.5 to 2.5 hours long). He gets pretty tired in the evening, so I try to lay him down between 6 and 7 pm, but he usually only sleeps for 20 to 30 minutes.
-He really seems to be enjoying his bath time more. He still doesn't splash much (a little), but loves to run his hands through the water and likes to play with the bath toys (or rather, chew on them).


-With all the busyness in December, I felt Gabe did pretty well with adjusting and being his usual happy self. He does prefer to be home, though, so I'm sure this coming month will be good for him, when things will slow down a bit.



No comments:

Post a Comment